Monday, November 16

UpDaTeS

I am now 31 weeks along but yet feel like I'm due any day.  However, I was looking through some pics of when I was pregnant with Olivia and realized that I've still got a ways to GROW.  I get rediculously huge when I'm pregnant.  Oh well, it's all worth it!

I haven't updated about my mom's cancer in quite a while...
She finished her first round of chemo a couple of weeks ago.  The first round was supposed to take about 2 months...it took more like 3 1/2.  Her cell counts had a lot of trouble rebounding and that caused the treatments to be delayed.  For those that don't know or forgot, mom is a 1st grade teacher so she has had to stay home and has not been able to work. 
That all changed last week.  She began her second round of chemo last week.  This time she is going in once a week (on Thursdays) for 12 weeks.  Since her shots are on Thursdays she is going back to work on Mon-Thurs and then "recovering" Friday, Sat. and Sunday.  It's a grueling schedule and I'm worried about her being exposed to germy kids all day especially since her immune system is so compromised and even more so because of the terrible flu season approaching.  Her doctor and her principal have strongly advised her to wear her mask.  After she completes this cycle then they will evaluate if radiation is needed.  Please keep praying!
We will travel home for Thanksgiving and let mom rub my baby belly one last time since she won't be able to make it to College Station for the birth and we will not be going back to Abilene for Christmas.  Super bummed about that...

If you're still with me here's a sweet picture...



Where is the spell check button?  Has anybody that posted lately noticed thiers go missing?  Am I losing it?

6 comments:

MNMD said...

I am sure that you look amazing! Olivia is just precious and I will pray for your mom and family. If you need anything just give me a call. BJ and I will being driving through College Station on December 23rd and then continuing through to Abilene on
Christmas eve but we would love to see you and Olivia.

kristin fulghum said...

glad you're doing well. i want to see a pic of your cute belly!

Unknown said...

i've noticed mine is gone too. i can't find it anywhere! annoying. this is hilary cunningham btw...i'm using someone else's computer and don't want to sign them out. ha! hope the bow holder is working out for olivia!

annalee said...

wow, i can't imagine all the emotions for your mom. i'm especially sorry you won't get to have her with you for baby two's arrival. just said a prayer for her healing and your whole family!
ps- olivia's school pictures totally made my day:)

Amanda said...

Still praying for your mom. I am so saddened by the whole situation.

Hope I get to see you soon! Maybe we should take a 4 hour shopping trip to baby GAP a few days after you're due! :-) haha What a fun memory!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.