Wednesday, June 25

9 Months and Counting

Hello Blogworld! We still exist!

It's been quite a while since I've been on here to blog. I've checked when friends updated but that's about it. We've basically been up to the same old same old around here. I've been crazy busy with work and so has Koby. Olivia is growing by leaps and bounds and we still can't believe that God has blessed us with such a beautiful, healthy baby. She has taught me so much about myself and life in general and she is only 9 months old!

Here are just a few facts about her since I haven't been good about keeping you up to speed:

  • She sleeps all night (yes!) but has been waking up earlier and earlier lately. She was up by 7am today.
  • Her bottom two teeth are completely in and has two more cutting in on top.
  • She absolutely LOVES to play ball with Izzy. She cracks up like nothing else!
  • She has really started to prefer her daddy at certain times. If we meet Koby for lunch she cries when he gets out of the truck and if he leaves the house in the evenings she follows after him and gets sad. :(
  • She is learning the word "no"...mainly because we are trying to teach her to stay away from the dog food.
  • Her favorite song is "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys. She dances to it and it melts my heart.
  • She is a really good eater for the most. Her recent favorite is black beans and cherrios, not necessarily together.
  • She says "mama", "hi", "bye-bye", and sometimes "da-da" and she also makes some really sweet sounds with her lips. It makes me smile.
  • She is starting to test her balance and sometimes lets go of the furniture when she is standing up. She took a couple of steps the other day with Koby holding both her hands.

There's probably much more but I can't think of anything else. Oh, I did take her for her 9month well check yesterday and she weighs 20lb 10oz and is 29in tall. I think the doctor said that puts her in the 90th percentile for height and 75 for weight so I think she is thinning out a little bit. She still has the yummiest little thighs tough!


We are looking forward to a visit from Koby's brother and his wife. They are coming to visit over the 4th of July weekend from Reno, NV. They own a gym called Freestyle Martial Arts. They have never been to College Station and we haven't seem them since Christmas of 2004 so it is a really special visit. Also, I have my 10 year high school reunion coming up in August! I cannot believe I have been out of high school for 10 years!


Until next time...bye!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Olivia is beautiful! Love those thighs!

I remember when y'all went to Nevada in 2004. That was when we actually got to see each other and talk often! :( Miss ya!

Glad y'all are all doing well!

mad4books said...

It is crazy how adorable she is!

(If I don't get to see her when you're in town for your 10th reunion, there's gonna' be one steamed librarian in A-town!)

MommyLuv said...

I want to see her so bad. Check your schedule - July 18-20 would be best for us. It would just be us girls.

Anonymous said...

hey! saw the article with koby in it in the last mag. i got all excited b/c "hey, i know him!".

and what a cutie!

....10 years....boooo

-lenecia

Sharen Leigh said...

we missed you, irma!

liv is just so precious...and ryder (at 5 months) officially outweighs her at 21 lbs...haha!

hope to see y'all again before we move...call me sometime!