Saturday, March 8

Forever and a year

Okay, so sometimes when it's been a long time since something has happened you hear people say, "it's been forever!" But I thought I needed to add the "year" part because it's been an extra long time since I've blogged. ;)

My absence hasn't been because there's nothing to blog about. Lots has happened lately. Really I've just been busy with my new job. It's going great and I feel like I'm catching on to things but at least for now, it is taking up most of my free time. Thankfully, Olivia has consistently been taking 1 1/2 to 2 hour naps so I get most of my work done then.

Koby's been busy as ever at work. He has this huge tree planting project going on and has been coordinating it for a long time now. Last week was when the digging actually started and one of the contractors hit a gas line while he was digging. It was a HUGE mess. The media caught wind of it so it was all over the radio and the evening news. Koby was devastated. Texas A&M has this system called Code Maroon to alert all the students/faculty/staff when something goes on and they sent a big message (via e-mail and text) about the gas leak. So now, several of Koby's co-workers have taken to calling him Code Maroon. It's definitely not his favorite nickname!

Last week I made an emergency trip to Abilene because my dad had a mild heart attack. He is fine now (thank you Jesus) and will be making a trip to Delaware with me and Olivia. Oh, I guess I hadn't mentioned...I'M GOING TO DELAWARE!!!! I should be packing right now since I leave bright and early Monday morning, but I figured I needed get my blog fix and post some pictures. Olivia, my dad and I will be going to visit Irene, Philip and the kids. I can't wait! I believe a trip to NYC is also on the agenda!
(I just have to add in that when I got back from the long drive home from Abilene I walked in to the most immaculate home! Koby had spent the last few days cleaning the whole house. It was so refreshing I can't even describe it. The bathrooms were clean, floors were mopped and vacuumed, laundry washed and put up, microwave cleaned out...he even took the time to clean the washer and dryer! I think I'm going to keep him for another long while!)

Olivia is growing by leaps and bounds. She will be 6 months old next week and is eating some solid foods now. Mainly just rice cereal but I plan on introducing some veggies and fruits when I get back from Delaware. She is probably about 2 weeks away from crawling, at most. She's getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth quite a bit. I know I've said this a million times before and I know I'll continue to say it another million times in the future but, I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST SHE IS GROWING!

Okay, I've got to go and get lots of stuff done because it's really an hour later than what the clock says....don't forget to turn you clocks forward an hour tonight or you'll be late to church tomorrow! Until next time!


Robinson Family said...

She is just gorgeous, Irma! Good to catch up on your goings on. Glad the new job is working out well.

Have a great trip!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your dad is okay! Olivia is so beautiful - I really want to get together with you guys so we can meet her in person. Hope you have a fun time visiting your sister! Take care...


Aaron said...

I swear she gets cuter every time you post pictures of her!