Thursday, January 3

Plans? What plans?

Well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Belated, I know, but don't people always say better late than never? :) Things have been crazy around here. Not the kind of fun crazy where you get to run around town and meet with friends or shop or go to the movies or go out of town. It's been almost boring crazy, if that makes any sense. My last day of work was Friday, the 21st and that is also when the official Christmas break began for Koby. I had plans. So many plans. Some of them big, some of them small...either way they were plans. But, I've realized that sometimes (especially when you have a small baby) things don't always go as planned.

I planned to catch up with some friends for lunch or dinner, or both...didn't happen.
I planned to work on my photo albums...didn't happen.
I planned to catch some of the after Christmas sales somewhere...didn't happen.
I planned to walk every single day...didn't happen.
I planned to get Olivia's ears pierced...didn't happen.
I planned to finish putting up some decorations in Olivia's room...didn't happen.
I planned to transition Olivia from sleeping in her bassinet to sleeping in her crib...didn't happen.

Okay, I think you get the point. Olivia has been sick since about Christmas Eve. At first we thought it was just a cold, but then after about a week she began having a fever so we took her in to see the doctor. She did have a cold, plus an ear infection. We started her on antibiotics expecting her to show some signs of improvement within about three days. Not so much. I took her to see the doctor today and now she has two ear infections and a new prescription for stronger antibiotics. I hate that she is sick and I hate that we have to give her strong medication that will probably give her an upset stomach. Selfishly, I also hate the fact that she is waking up just as often, if not more than she did when she was a newborn. I am exhausted all over again. Oh, and did I mention that in the middle of all of this we were "celebrating" Christmas and New Years? Honestly, I feel bad that both Koby's parents and my mom made the trip from Abilene to see us. At any given point at least one of us, and sometimes all three of us were in rotten moods. Can you say bah-humbug? Anyway, I'm hoping that we'll all get on the sunny side of life soon and get a better start to 2008.
In the meantime I have no plans...none, whatsoever! ;)

2 comments:

MommyLuv said...

I am so sorry - it really stinks to have a sick baby. How is she now? I am with you on making plans. Because this is my last school break before the baby comes, I planned to do quite a bit. Did I accomplish it all? NOPE! Give Olivia a big hug from us, okay? I will have Kenley say a special prayer for her (so will I).

Margaret said...

: ( Poor Olivia. I praise God that's we've made it this far with no ear infection. Of course, we've had several false alarms b/c I'm so paranoid that Caroline will get one.

Don't worry about your plans. Just enjoy Olivia (when she's better). You'll never look back and regret missing all that other stuff.

You really should try to make it to Kohl's though. I got Caroline's Christmas dress and PJs for next year and several other things on sale.