Monday, December 10

So Much to Say

Almost a month has passed since last time I blogged so there is a lot to catch up on. Read on if you are interested...

Olivia is now 12 weeks old (Koby says she's already 3 months but I say she's not 3 months until December 16th). Anyway, she is really growing so quickly. At her 2 month checkup she weighted 12lbs 12oz and was over 23 inches long. She is babbling quite a bit and loves to sit in her bumbo chair that Rachel let us borrow. She smiles all the time, especially in the morning and when she wakes up from taking a nap. She's really starting to be curious about her surroundings and makes the cutest little faces. She has even mastered the pouty, stick out the bottom lip face! I'll have to take a picture of it sometime.

Thanksgiving was awesome!! We went home to Abilene, but before that we woke up in the wee hours of the morning to welcome the Campbell's back to Texas! It was so wonderful to see Irene, James, John and Rosemary...and I guess Philip too! ;) I missed them so much! Olivia loved spending time with her Tia Irene and getting to know her cousins.

Abilene was busy as always, but we got to hang out with the family, eat some tamales (at my parents house) and some turkey and dressing (at Koby's parents house). We even got to play in the snow! It was the nice fluffy snow too! We wrapped up the trip with a "Meet baby Olivia" baby shower at ACU, an Aggie win against t.u., and some Taco Bueno. What else could you ask for?

The latest news in the Weatherford household is quite possibly one of the biggest decisions that we have made in a long time. Today, I gave my two weeks notice at the office! My new job has the sweetest title ever... MOM. Before Olivia was even born, Koby and I decided that I would not be a stay at home mom and that I would continue to work full-time. Boy how things change. When Olivia was born my whole world came to a screeching halt, re-prioritized itself (without my conscience input) and then took off at a pace I can barely wrap my head around. I look in the mirror and see parts of new person that I never knew existed.

Olivia started day care last week and I started back to work. I'm only working 1/2 days right now so I get to pick her up at noon. She did okay, except that she refused to take her bottle every single day. We've been practicing for quite a while and some days she takes it just fine and other days she puts up a fight...but she always end up taking it. I feel terrible because she doesn't eat until we get home at about 12:45. Everybody has been saying, "She'll take the bottle when she gets hungry enough." Yeah, okay. But in the mean time it kills me to know that she's not eating.

Anyway, for so many reasons that I don't have the time to list right now, we decided that it was worth the sacrifice for me to stay at home. This choice feels right and leaves my heart at peace. However, I will need to find some way to make some money so if you have any suggestions, please share.

I'm excited to start the new year with a new baby, new goals, new challenges and my new job!

6 comments:

annalee said...

what a beautiful daughter! i'm happy for you and your new role as full-time mom. i know God will provide!

Irene said...

What a cute shirt! ;D More pictures, MORE PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!

Margaret said...

You'll never regreat staying at home. Congratulations!!

MommyLuv said...

That is great. Let me know if you find a way to make money while staying home. I would like to apply as well!!

Amanda said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you!!!!! Exciting!! She is such a doll!!
You really need to update more! :) It's not like you're busy or anything... :)
Miss ya...

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for your peace about staying home. daniel and i will help in any way we can. love.